Greater Success with An Evening Routine
Morning routines are quite popular. Even I have one.
However, I find that my evening routine is what makes me more successful.
While others settle down and watch mind numbing TV after a long day’s work, I get more exhilaration, clarity and satisfaction out of my evening routine.
Evening routines are great for getting the next day started in a productive way. After all, if your morning starts smoothly, your day tends to go well.
An effective evening routine, can be just as important as a routine at the beginning of the day. The things we do before sleep, can have a greater impact and lead to greater success:
🎯 Make a To-Do list
There’s little point in starting your day without a ‘game plan’. For many of us, getting started is the hardest part. Wouldn’t it be beneficial to already have a to-do list in place?
- Sit down each night and create a list of important tasks to be completed the following day.
- I actually like to call it my ‘Ta-Da’ list because the next day I remove tasks off the list like magic… ‘TA-DA’
When you wake up, you’ll already be ahead of the game.😁
🎯 Review your goals
This can be done immediately before going to sleep. Your brain can spend all night working on solutions and ideas. This can be amazingly effective! There are many ways to review your goals. You can read them silently, say them aloud, re-write them, or visualize them. Doing all four is a great idea!
- Recite your affirmations and declarations, embedding these in your subconscious, as you drift off to sleep.
- Look at your vision board and focus on what you desire and require.
It’s surprising how many successful individuals have a reading habit! You could spend time unwinding with some good fiction.
- A more effective option is to read something that will increase your ability to be successful. It might an inspiring biography, or a book that teaches you a new skill.
🎯 Brush your teeth and floss
Most of us brush our teeth every night. Far fewer, take the time to floss. Flossing is one of the healthiest things you can do for yourself! The bacteria found in between teeth, have been found to cause damage to blood vessels and heart valves. They’re also implicated in causing systemic inflammation. Take a minute and floss each night.
- My partner and I actually have a ritual with this. After all meals and snacks are done, we spend about 15 minutes side by side on the couch flossing before we get ready for bed. We know that flossing is important to our overall health and will lead to a longer life together.
🎯 Spend time on a hobby
That great novel you’ve always wanted to work on, won’t write itself. Likewise, it’s doubtful you’ll learn to speak French by ‘osmosis’.🙃
- Give yourself time, each evening to accomplish the great things you’ve been putting off. There won’t ever be enough time, until you make time.
🎯 Meditate or pray
A long day at work, or even some time with the family can be stressful.
- Taking 15 minutes to meditate or pray can help to lower your stress levels.
- You’ll sleep better and enjoy your life more.
🎯 Write in a journal
Record your life and it will become noteworthy. After a month of writing; ‘Went to work. Came home. Ate dinner. Watched TV. Went to bed…’ you’ll realize that you’re living a boring life. Change it, and get out of your rut!😁
- You might even turn it into a ‘gratitude journal’, and start attracting more of what you are grateful for.
This is commonly thought of as a ‘morning activity’, but how many people do you actually know, that exercise before work?
- Spending 30 minutes doing yoga each evening, can make a huge difference in the way you look and feel.
- I actually prefer my evening workout because I am more tired afterwards, and I sleep better.
These are just a few examples of the things you might include in an evening routine. It’s unnecessary to have an endless list of tasks to complete after a long day at work. But most people fail to use their evenings effectively.
You can develop an effective and enjoyable evening routine that will change your life. For the most impact, consider the areas of your life that could use a little work and begin there. When all is said and done, it’s about adding balance to your life.
Find what works for you, and live your life in alignment with your authentic self, through: Livelihood Spirit Balance
Till next time…
Love & Light, 🙏🌈🙏
Your Mindset Transformation Virtuoso & Nature Goddess Guide
25 October, 2020
Dawn-Marie P. Dalsass, President of Livelihood Spirit Balance is a Stress Management Maven. She’s a Stress and Anxiety Expert for Middle Managers. She started her career in Corporate America while she was in high school and worked her way up the ranks finding herself in middle to upper management for most of her corporate career. She loved what she did but along the way she battled stress, anxiety and depression. When work and life were more than she could handle she planned her suicide in detail. Fortunately, she didn’t go through with it when she saw her 2 little boys on her way to get a knife with a plan to end it all. It was in that moment that she vowed to pull herself together and begin a new journey.
In 2015 she started her own business called Life Coach DM. After several years of working with clients, she realized that the majority of her clients were in middle management just like she was. She had helped most go from being stressed, anxious and / or depressed to being more balanced, aware and dynamic while guiding them on their own journey to achieve life goals including work life balance.
Dawn-Marie has since become a Certified Nature & Forest Therapy Guide and teaches individuals how they too can annihilate the stress, anxiety and depression (aka S.A.D) that middle managers and working parents can face through a process called equilibration (the balancing of the mind and emotions) along with the healing benefits a deep connection to nature (both indoors and out) can bring to become fully balanced, aware and dynamic (aka B.A.D).
Through her own practice, Dawn-Marie discovered what she calls Livelihood Spirit Balance where how one lives their life is in alignment with their authentic self, their B.A.D Ass-self. With Livelihood Spirit Balance, Work Life Balance and everything else just falls into place.
Based on her years of work and client success stories, Dawn-Marie changed her business name to Livelihood Spirit Balance to align with her teachings, mission, vision and purpose.
Dawn-Marie offers online courses, personal and corporate development coaching, workshops and seminars. As the owner of Total Convalescence – Nature & Forest Therapy she also offers public and private Nature & Forest Therapy Walks.
Dawn-Marie is a:
- Certified Mindset Transformation Coach
- Certified Nature & Forest Therapy Guide
- Certified Law of Attraction Wealth Practitioner
- Certified Fraud Examiner and
- Certified Internal Controls Auditor